Thursday, February 1, 2007

The weather here in Calgary is incredible!!! Last week the temperature was around +10C, no snow in the streets and, because of this, the traffic was wonderful. However, today the temperature is -15C, snowing and the traffic is terrible…
Probably, if my Brazilians friends read this commentary about the traffic, they will laugh. The traffic in Sao Paulo is so terrible that even in the worst Calgary’s days, it is impossible to compare. In the other hand, Sao Paulo never gets so cold. The minimum temperature, ever, was 1C and never snows there.
Ok, sometimes the traffic here is bad, the weather is surprising and the public transportation is not efficient (the busses today are late and crowd…), but I could not think in other place to live.
Calgary is the city that my family and I chose to live and we have to accept it as it is.

4 comments:

Scott Douglas said...

They have a saying in Calgary. If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes! I know, the weather here is crazy. I wish every day were more than -10 degrees.

Jennifer said...

hi~ Carlos
I totally agree with u !! the weather here is horrible!!!!
Did u see what happened last night? i think that was a snowstorm!!!!!!! what a terrible scene!! i was so scared although i was not staying outside.
however, we can not change the situation, so just get used to it.

anna said...

Hi Carlos,
I like weather in Calgary, especialy in winter, because if winter starts in Russia it lasts 5 months. In Calgary you could enjoy "mixed" - winter-spring. However, this winter in Moscow is very warm, about +10 C and no snow.
Yulia.

Alif said...

I don't know a lot of about you. I like the weather of Calgary. Because I didn't see snow before, I like walking on the snow-covered sidewalk. I saw a lot of car just rotating wheels instad of moving. It's funny to me.
Anyways, try to enjoy the weather. The weather of BC is changing, there's snow this year. Let's sing: "Do not tell no more snow, no more snow, welcome to snow..."