Wednesday, February 21, 2007



Hi everyone,

This time I am going to write about my family, probably it is not the most interesting topic to read about, but I could not think in something better.
As you know I am married and I have a daughter who is 14 years
old. I met Beth when we were at university, in 1984. We both started in the same university at same time, but she was at a bachelor in chemistry program and I was at the chemical engineering, both evening courses. Both of us lived in the same neighbour so we had to take the same bus and we became friends. We started to date in 1985 and married in 1991. It took 6 years because both of us wanted to finish the university before the wedding. In adition, we were from poor families and we had to work during the day to pay for our studies. It was a hard time. I had to wake up at 5:30 to start to work at 8:00 (remember that I lived in Sao Paulo and in a city with a population bigger than 15 million, it is not easy to go where you want). After a whole day of work, I left the company and went to the university. The classes started at 7:00 pm and finished at 11:00, then I took a bus and arrived home at 12:00. The most difficulty part, however, was at Saturdays because I had classes from 8:00 am until 2:00 pm. I had only the Saturdays evenings and Sundays to do my homework, study and once a while parties and some free time.
The engineering program took me 6 years to finish. I graduated in 1990 and married in 1991, but this is another story that I will write about tomorrow. (I think I have more than 300 words, so lets save something to the next blog...)

Bye

2 comments:

anna said...

Hi Carlos, So nice to see your family. It looks like now you turned back to your home university period: the same severe schadule and lack of free time. Good luck to all of you.
Yulia

Felice said...

It was very interesting to read about you and your beautiful family! Wow, you had a very intensive academical and professional life. I wish you to fullfil your dreams here in Canada!