Friday, February 23, 2007


Hi,

My plans to today's blog were writing about my marriage and the difficulties that I had in the beginning of my career, but then I thought it would be so boring to you guys to read that I changed my mind. I was looking my Brazilians vacations pictures and I found much more interesting stuff...
I found a picture of my daughter sand boarding in Florianopolis, which is a island in the South of Brazil, and I remmembered how much fun we had there.
Florianopolis is famous in Brazil because of its dunes and it is a popular summer holidays destination. Floripa, which is the popular name of the island, is famous because of the food, too. There I ate the best seafood of my entire life. Shrimp, lobster, crab and fish everything absolutely fresh, probably, captured at the same day as it was prepared. It was in December 2003 and I was with my family and some friends. The restaurant was close to the beach, so we could hear the waves. The wind was bringing the smell and salty taste of the sea. The temperature was about 37°C in a absolute blue sky. The waitress, who was wearing just a biquini, brought us the drinks: caipirinha and beer, which was almost frozen as it is usual in Brazil. After a while, she started to serve us with the food. First the shrimp, served in 6 or 7 different ways, then the lobster and crab and finally the fish. This lunch took almost 3 hours and we were exhausted after all that food and drinks.

I found other beach pictures, such as the two bellow, that I want to write about them next time.

I hope you have enjoyed it.

Bye.



2 comments:

Becky said...

Hi Carlos! I love your picture about the sea and the blue sky in Brazil!! They are really colorful and bright~~ The seafood you had there sounds awesome and I'd love to try them sometime. It is amazing for you to have this kind of wonderful trip~~it attracts me so much!!!

Edward said...

Carlos,

Even though I was born in a country nearby yours, I have not had the opportunity to visit Brazil, and the more I see and hear about it make me plan a trip for those latitudes. At least now I can appreciate some of the wonder and beauties unknown from that interesting place.

Regards,